Making electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical
Join our editing team in producing technical materials that help drive power industry thought leadership. The editing team in SEL’s Marketing department publishes high-quality, compelling documents and presentations for technical events and sales and marketing campaigns. We are looking for an experienced editing professional who has the ability to manage a variety of complex projects simultaneously. Experience editing and creating engaging PowerPoint presentations is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proofread, edit, and format presentations, documents, and other collateral.
- Develop and maintain an advanced skill level in proofreading, copyediting, and substantive editing.
- Collaborate with authors, reviewers, and others to edit deliverables, plan projects, and meet deadlines.
- Follow established work instructions, guidelines, and procedures and develop processes.
- Lead projects or perform project management tasks as required.
- Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing principles.
- Follow the SEL quality policy: Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience proofreading, editing, and producing professional presentations and documents or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- High-level proofreading, writing, grammar, and communications skills.
- High-level proficiency using MS Office software.
- Superior organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under limited supervision in high-pressure situations and recognize the criticality of meeting stringent deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate to produce high-quality, technically accurate material.
- Ability to learn and communicate technical/scientific information.
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills.
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL.
- Negative drug test result(s).
- B.S./B.A. in English, Journalism, or a related area.
- Experience editing in a corporate environment.
- Ability to lead and mentor others.
- Experience with technical drawing software (e.g., MS Visio or Illustrator).
- Working knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style and the Gregg Reference Manual.
- Experience editing complex technical documentation.
Pullman, WA- SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you’ll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award-Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit selinc.com.