The Exam Process
There are two parts to the Certification exam: an online test of knowledge and a practical test of skills. You must pass both tests to earn your credential
About the Online Test of Knowledge
- The online test has 130 multiple-choice questions in 9 categories.
- The online test starts when you click on the Start Test button.
- You must complete the online test in 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- This is an “open book” test. You are free to use any reference materials during the test.
- Single choice questions have only one answer and include True/False questions
- Multiple choice questions have two or more answers and will always have one wrong answer. Correct answers count for one point and incorrect answers deduct one point from that question.
- Matching questions require you to match a set of terms to their description. Correct answers count for one point and incorrect answers deduct one point from that question.
- Fill-in-the-blank questions require you to type in the answer. The answer must be spelled correctly but capitalization doesn’t matter. Some questions have more than one answer. Correct answers count for one point and incorrect answers deduct one point from that question.
- You will have 3.5 hours to complete the online test of knowledge. A score of 80% is required to pass.
About the Practical Test of Skills
- The practical test consists of nine PowerPoint files, one for each of the nine categories in the Presentation Industry Standards.
- You must download each of these files using the links provided.
- You will be asked to perform specific tasks in each file.
- The software used to create the files is Microsoft Office 365 PowerPoint
- The files must be downloaded, completed, and uploaded within 48 hours of clicking the Start Test button.
- You must complete at least seven of the nine files correctly to pass.
- Clicking the Finish Test button completes the test, even if you have not uploaded all files.
After the Exam
- You will see the results of your online test immediately.
- Results of your practical test will be graded within 2 weeks.
- You must pass both tests to receive your credential.
- You will be notified by mail as to your credential status.
- Certificates and any other materials due you will be emailed shortly thereafter.
- If you fail either part of the exam, you can retake that part (either the online or practical) once. If you passed one part but failed the other, you are not required to retake the portion you passed.
- You must destroy any downloaded files once you finish the exam. Failure to do so will invalidate your credential.
- If you purchased the Study & Practice Reference and/or Practice Test, you may retain these items for your own personal use. You may not share or distribute the Study & Practice Reference and/or the Practice Test. Failure to comply will invalidate your credential.
- You will not receive a copy of your individual answers to protect the integrity of the test. Exam materials are retained as the exclusive property of the Presentation Guild.