Raising the Bar
Every professional industry needs an advocate—an organization that will help its members elevate their knowledge and advance their careers. Our industry lacked an advocate, so we established one for you. We believe everyone who works in the presentation field should have a place to learn, grow and network.
And, most importantly, we believe presentation professionals need an advocate that will
- reinforce the value you bring to the industry
- establish job definitions to better market your services
- develop industry standards to assess member competencies so you know where you rank against others in the field
- create certifications for our industry that will prove your knowledge and expertise to clients and/or employers
- research job statistics to better understand our industry and find ways to evolve it
- offer yearly salary surveys allowing you to better negotiate rates and raises
- be a voice for our members by representing presentation professionals to the world
Presentation Industry Professional Standards
Along those lines, you can start recording your professional development hours with this handy document. Page about certifications coming soon.
That’s the top takeaway from data in our annual survey of the salaries, demographics, and work habits of presentationists. While this is our second such survey, it’s our first to include data from all over the globe.